Friday, July 29, 2011

Finally Finished!





Finished and flattened.So happy this is done; I enjoy tatting but sometimes a project just becomes a chore :(





Annika over at Tatting It Up was giving away some handmade shuttles; Got it a while ago, along with some of her lovely hand dyed thread but had no ideas on what to start working on. Luckily our local tatting group, the Judith Lind Tatting Club, meets once a month and during this summer there are technique demonstrations. For July, we learned front-side/back-side tatting:


I'm excited to incorporate this technique into more projects! Now I must plan for August's meeting: I'm teaching the split chain! The first time I was introduced to the split chain was this geekalicious bookmark by Anne Bruvold. That bookmark ended up leading to a slightly larger geeky project, but I think I'll save that for a future post.

2 comments:

  1. Nice work, Red! it looks great.
    Fox : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Fox! Sometimes when you've been working on something for long enough you can lose perspective :)

    ReplyDelete